Effective color design does not need to add any cost to interior renovations or construction: it is simple matter of planning ahead. The best approach is to look at all the paint colors and other materials as a single color composition.
The most successful interior color design is responsive and appropriate to the design goals. Some of the important roles color can play include
1. Setting the emotional tone or ambiance of a space
2. Focusing or diverting attention
3. Modulating the space to feel larger or smaller
4. Breaking up and defining the space
5. Unifying the space or knitting it together